Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV+ incorrectly geo-restricted in Sweden?

I'm trying to watch the shows available, but every time I try there's an error message saying something along the lines of "This content is not available in your region". However Apple TV+ is supposed to be available and working in Sweden where I am located. I've tried getting this to work on an Apple TV 4K, iPad Pro 12.9" (3rd Generation) and an iPhone X. All of which end up doing the same thing. Please help!

Apple TV 4K, tvOS 13

Posted on Nov 2, 2019 4:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 2, 2019 5:27 AM

I have had the exact same problem, when using Apple TV+ on my iPhone 11, Apple TV (gen 4) and my Mac through the web interface. BTW, I also live in Sweden!

I've just been in contact with Apple Support, and they've ruled out any errors in my billing information. However, they advised me to try to use the service through my cellular connection instead, just to see if there could be any problems with my wifi/broadband connection. For me, Apple TV+ actually worked with my cellular connection, which leds me to believe that Apple might interpret the geolocation of the IP that I get from my ISP (Bahnhof) incorrectly (most other IP-to-geolocation services online have no problem whatsoever, they correctly show that I am in Sweden).

Do you have the same ISP? What happens when you turn off wifi while using AppleTV+?

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 2, 2019 5:27 AM in response to vilelevi

I have had the exact same problem, when using Apple TV+ on my iPhone 11, Apple TV (gen 4) and my Mac through the web interface. BTW, I also live in Sweden!

I've just been in contact with Apple Support, and they've ruled out any errors in my billing information. However, they advised me to try to use the service through my cellular connection instead, just to see if there could be any problems with my wifi/broadband connection. For me, Apple TV+ actually worked with my cellular connection, which leds me to believe that Apple might interpret the geolocation of the IP that I get from my ISP (Bahnhof) incorrectly (most other IP-to-geolocation services online have no problem whatsoever, they correctly show that I am in Sweden).

Do you have the same ISP? What happens when you turn off wifi while using AppleTV+?

Nov 2, 2019 7:04 AM in response to Jorrje

@Jorrje I too have Bahnhof as an ISP and playback through cellular worked just like it did for you! Super strange issue, but I have semi-solved it now thanks to your post! By connecting to one of NordVPN's Swedish servers I am able to watch the content on all my devices! Hopefully this mixup gets solved soon! Thanks so much for the info!

Apple TV+ incorrectly geo-restricted in Sweden?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.