Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Weather and other basic apps do not install in my watch

I reset my Apple Watch selecting "Erase all" option and paired it later to mi new iPhone. I selected to have it pair as a new device and not to have it restored from a back up. When asked to I selected to install all apps.

After my watch was ready, I noticed some of the apps, including Weather were not installed. If I click on the temperature gauge I get a message stating that the app is not installed and that I could restore it from App Store.

If I go into the watch app on my phone, it appears as though the Weather app is installed on the watch and there ins no option to reinstall.

Any ideas on how to solve this?

Regards

Apple Watch, watchOS 4

Posted on Nov 2, 2019 11:02 AM

3 replies

Nov 2, 2019 11:19 AM in response to cirohurtado

EDIT -

I'm late to the party getting the sceenshot off my watch!

Do you see the Weather app in the watch's Dock?

Try a hard watch reset. Press & hold the Side Button & Digital Crown together until the  logo appears.

ASC - Late 2012 Mac mini, macOS 10.15.1; Watch, series 5 GPS/cellular, watchOS 6.0.1; iPad Air 2, ipadOS 13.2; iPhone 8+, iOS 13.2; TV 4th Gen, tvOS 12.4.1;  HomePods, audioOS 13.2.1 and Airport Express w/ Airplay 2

Weather and other basic apps do not install in my watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.