Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Apple Watch not installing apps

I have now reset, unpaired and repaired and still I can not get my Apple Watch to install apps.

every time I click the install button it proceeds to tell me to “double click” on my watch says “processing” and then just goes back to install on my phone.

I originally reset my watch because Spotify wasn’t syncing and now I can’t even download the app to my watch. Please help this is very frustrating.

Apple Watch Series 8, watchOS 9

Posted on Aug 4, 2023 6:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 4, 2023 8:46 AM

It could be that the double-click isn't registering properly. I had this issue with my watch when I was trying to pay for something and I needed to double-click the side button.

You can fix the issue by changing the double-click speed to slow. This is done on your watch in Settings>Accesibility>Button Click Speed.

M1 Mac mini, macOS 13.5;  Watch, series 7 GPS/cellular, watchOS 9.6; iPad Pro 2nd Gen, iPadOS 16.6; iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 16.6; TV 4th Gen, tvOS 16.6; HomePods, audioOS 16.5 and Airport Express w/ Airplay 2

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 4, 2023 8:46 AM in response to Lisamaree09

It could be that the double-click isn't registering properly. I had this issue with my watch when I was trying to pay for something and I needed to double-click the side button.

You can fix the issue by changing the double-click speed to slow. This is done on your watch in Settings>Accesibility>Button Click Speed.

M1 Mac mini, macOS 13.5;  Watch, series 7 GPS/cellular, watchOS 9.6; iPad Pro 2nd Gen, iPadOS 16.6; iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 16.6; TV 4th Gen, tvOS 16.6; HomePods, audioOS 16.5 and Airport Express w/ Airplay 2

Apple Watch not installing apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.