Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where is the search bar in new Apple Music App on Mac Catalina

I am looking at the new Apple Music App on my Mac (Catalina). Where is the search function?

iMac 27" 5K, macOS 10.15

Posted on Nov 3, 2019 7:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 7, 2019 12:24 PM

Hey SteveShapiro,

I understand you're looking to search in the Music app. I'll be happy to help out.

The search bar should be at the top of the sidebar on the left side of the Music app. After searching, you can choose the tab to search between your catalog, Apple Music, or the iTunes Store. Here's some more information about the new Music app: Listen to music and more in the Music app - Apple Support

Have a great day.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 7, 2019 12:24 PM in response to SteveShapiro

Hey SteveShapiro,

I understand you're looking to search in the Music app. I'll be happy to help out.

The search bar should be at the top of the sidebar on the left side of the Music app. After searching, you can choose the tab to search between your catalog, Apple Music, or the iTunes Store. Here's some more information about the new Music app: Listen to music and more in the Music app - Apple Support

Have a great day.

Where is the search bar in new Apple Music App on Mac Catalina

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.