Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to Answer iPhone calls on iMac after Catalina Update

Prior to Catalina, I had no issues answering calls on my iMac or transferring ongoing calls from my iPhone to my iMac. After the update, incoming calls will ring on the iMac, but when I click Answer, the connection fails. My iPhone does recognize the iMac as a viable source for audio. (Press Audio button, choices are: iPhone, Speaker, iMac.) If I try to transfer from iPhone to iMac, the phone indicates audio is transferred to the iMac, but it does not actually transfer; instead the call audio ceases on the iPhone and no audio begins on the iMac.

I have tried restarting both devices. I confirmed both are on the same wifi network. My phone is set to Allow Calls on Other Devices, Allow calls on iMac. Both are signed in to the same iCloud account.

What's the fix?

iMac with Retina 5K display, macOS 10.15

Posted on Nov 3, 2019 7:42 AM

Similar questions

4 replies

Nov 7, 2019 12:35 PM in response to wizcreations

Hello wizcreations,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities! I understand you're having trouble receiving calls on your Mac from your iPhone after updating to macOS Catalina. I'm happy to assist you with this.

First make sure the volume on your Mac is turned up: Turn your Mac volume up or down

Next, let's make sure both devices has the latest update:

How to update the software on your Mac - Apple Support 

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch 

If the issue persists, lets test this issue in a new user account to help isolate any software in this profile that may be causing this issue:

How to test an issue in another user account on your Mac - Apple Support

Best Regards.

Unable to Answer iPhone calls on iMac after Catalina Update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.