Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Catalina eating up disk storage

Newly upgraded to Catalina successfully. Then got a low storage warning, found out "Other" is taking more than half of my space, 86.88GB!!

Thought it might be Time Machine, went on cleaning up the local snapshot, got all removed successfully:

Still not helping. Catalina just keep eating up more and more storage into "Other", doesn't matter how much I freed up. Also attaching my Disk Utility screenshot:

Anyone any idea? Thanks!

MacBook Air

Posted on Nov 3, 2019 2:02 PM

5 replies

Nov 3, 2019 2:08 PM in response to chung721

I suggest you use the program created by Etresoft, a frequent contributor.  It will provide a snapshot of your system which we can analyze to possibly determine the cause of your problem. Please use copy and paste as screen shots can be hard to read. On the screen with Options, please open Options and check the bottom 2 boxes before running. Click “Share Report” button in the toolbar, select “Copy to Clipboard” and then paste into a reply. This will show what is running on your computer. No personal information is shown.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/etrecheck/id1423715984?mt=12

Use the Add Text button to include the Etrecheck report in your reply.

Catalina eating up disk storage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.