Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

VO2 Max stopped recording

Hi, my Apple Watch series 4 stopped recording my vo2 Max about a month ago (Oct 5th). I run outdoors for around 40 minutes and consistently have a good heart rate reading.

Ive tried rebooting my watch and iPhone 11 Pro Max but this has not worked. I use the Apple Workout app on the watch for metrics.

Any ideas? Do I have a lemon?

Apple Watch Series 4, watchOS 6

Posted on Nov 3, 2019 6:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 7, 2019 5:57 PM

Hello DanG_38,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you’re having trouble with your VO2 max reading on your Apple Watch. I’m happy to help.

To start, I suggest trying the steps in the article below:

Get the most accurate measurements using your Apple Watch - Apple Support

If that doesn’t help, I suggest making sure that your watch and iPhone are running the latest software versions:

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Update your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Lastly, you may need to unpair your Apple Watch and then set it up again. As long as your signed into iCloud, your Apple Watch will automatically create a backup when you unpair it. 

Unpair and erase your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Set up your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Let me know if that helps.

Have a great day.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 7, 2019 5:57 PM in response to DanG_38

Hello DanG_38,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you’re having trouble with your VO2 max reading on your Apple Watch. I’m happy to help.

To start, I suggest trying the steps in the article below:

Get the most accurate measurements using your Apple Watch - Apple Support

If that doesn’t help, I suggest making sure that your watch and iPhone are running the latest software versions:

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Update your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Lastly, you may need to unpair your Apple Watch and then set it up again. As long as your signed into iCloud, your Apple Watch will automatically create a backup when you unpair it. 

Unpair and erase your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Set up your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Let me know if that helps.

Have a great day.

VO2 Max stopped recording

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.