Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 11- green lines

when I take photos on my new iphone 11 I get these green lines appear covering the screen, has anyone else experienced this and do you know how to fix it? I haven’t dropped it at all and I only bought it less than a week ago.

iPhone 11

Posted on Nov 3, 2019 11:39 PM

57 replies

Sep 17, 2020 1:35 AM in response to HeyItsMaurycee

Hi, download the latest iOS software on your phone, go to Settings > General > Software Update.

You can restore your phone as new.

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings

If the issue persists, you can take your phone to an Apple Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider. Book an

appointment on getsupport.apple.com or use the Apple Support app.

Apr 3, 2020 10:08 PM in response to zaraowens

that’s exactly what happened to mine, it happened once or twice but now it seems to be happening more frequently especially when I take Snapchat’s. I’ve only dropped my phone once but it wasn’t serious and it’s never come into contact with any liquids. I’ve had my phone since December of last year. I think it may be a hardware problem but with a phone this new I am not entirely sure, could someone help me out please

Jun 30, 2020 10:48 AM in response to Chloenell

Hello everyone. For those who are having the same issue as mine: Just so you know, I sent my iPhone, covered by warranty, for repair on an authorized apple service provider last week. After a day, the technician informed me that they had ran diagnostics on my phone and their next step was to replace the screen to see if it was a display problem so I needed to wait for a few days more. A week had passed they called me to say that even if they had replaced the screen of my unit, the flickering green horizontal bar on messenger still occurs and they found out it wasn't a hardware defect but a software issue instead. They advised me to update to iOS 14 as soon as it comes out for the bug to disappear. So guys, no need to panic (though I'm pretty sure there will be lots of new bugs coming out too on the new software version. Haha. Kidding ✌🏻) At least we know there is nothing wrong with the hardware our phone.

Mar 9, 2020 8:44 AM in response to Chloenell

Update. I think it's messenger bug because one of my friend has 11 pro max one of them iphone 11 one is europian version other american so, there phones didn't have any issues but after messenger update ( when you can react heart in messenger conversation) in their phones appears green line when opening messenger camera and it disappears in one second. there was tested other apps ( snapchat, viber whatsup etc. non of that app's camera had the same issue.

iPhone 11- green lines

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.