Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro no longer signs into unsecured WiFi networks

I recently updated my MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015) with 2.5 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 processor and 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 and recently upgraded to Catalina macOS 10.15.1. And now my WiFi will connect to open networks via the automatic popup windows that typically would come up to enter your email or PassCode or whatever. Sometimes the wifi connects but the window will not open. I can connect to my iPhone via hotspot and by the thunderbolt ethernet wired connection. When i try a secure network, the login window that seems to be an OS window does popup and it will connect. However, the networks like attwifi or hhonors or other hotel network login screens (that I think are browser base) do not open up with Safari like the used to before I upgraded to Catalina. Any thoughts on how to get past this? Thanks.

HJO

Posted on Nov 4, 2019 5:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 15, 2019 4:18 PM

So does no one else have this issue? I'm still having it. No pop up window log in screens on my macBook pro. iPad and iPhone do have popup windows. Have turned on popups in Safari but still unable to log into hotel wifi. Not sure how to fix it. Would really appreciate some ideas. Thanks.

Similar questions

2 replies

Nov 15, 2019 4:47 PM in response to bugsortega

Mine does the same thing and most likely if you have a VPN they will not allow you to connect to the network unless you shut down that program- I actually had to delete it for the time being because it was so bad so I used Opera due to the fact that there is a VPN built in(maybe not as strong) but it still gets the job done. Let me know if that helps with nay of your troubles!

MacBook Pro no longer signs into unsecured WiFi networks

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.