Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Issues with Reminders app since upgrading to iOS13/Catalina

Hi

This years upgrades seems to have some little bugs that I ususally don't see. For this post I'm focusing just on the Reminders App on both iPhone/iOS 13 and MBP/macOS Catalina.

Issues

1. When I search in reminders it does not find any matching items, even through I am using words in the title of the reminder. Copy and paste, no typo's, exactly the same case and punucation. In the past I've been able to search for any word and its found the reminders
  2. It used to be that when a Reminders notification pops up on my MBP screen I could click on the body of the reminder and it would open the Reminders apps, and take me to the correct list and item in the list. Now it opens the Reminders app but does not take me to the item.
  3. It used to be that when you hit completed on a reminder, it went to the top of the completed list. Now the ordder of the completed items seems to be completely random. This was really useful when you accidentally clicked complete and wanted to untick it.

Is there some way to rebuild the Reminders database?

Cheers,

MC

MacBook Pro 15", macOS 10.15

Posted on Nov 4, 2019 2:37 PM

Similar questions

4 replies

Nov 17, 2019 10:49 AM in response to somekiwi

I was going to post exactly the same question. Notification of Reminders in Catalina are broken. As you wrote in Mojave and every other macOS before this you clicked on the notification and it took you directly into the actual reminder, opened it and it was ready to make changes to it. In Catalina clicking on the notification opens the Reminders app but doesn't do anything else. You are just left sitting there looking at the first reminder on the list. You have to search for the reminder if you want to do something to it. This is a Catalina problem, iOS 13 works as it should when you click on a Reminders notification (it opens the actual reminder).

I am using macOS Catalina 10.15.1 (fresh install) and all my iDevices are running the latest iOS / iPadOS 13.2.2 and watchOS 6.1.

I have more than 88 iCloud active reminders and 3136 completed ones (I have been using Reminders since 2011).

How can we resolve this issue? I wish Apple could respond to this. Thank you.

Issues with Reminders app since upgrading to iOS13/Catalina

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.