Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple support fraud

Hi, so I have an issue. I responded to an email from “Apple support” that stated my account had been locked. I followed the link in the email and signed into my account without even thinking. I am worried that whatever I did I have now made my account information attainable to someone whom I don’t want to have access.. I have changed my apples ID password now. But is there anything else I can do to help ensure I don’t get any information stolen?

thank you!

Niya

iPhone X, iOS 13

Posted on Nov 4, 2019 4:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 4, 2019 4:20 PM

If you changed your password, that should secure your account. You can also add 2 Factor Authentication to your account for more security. If the attempts continue, you might want to consider a name change.

Link to contact Apple Support in the article.

Apple ID has been compromised

Apple ID Password Change

Note the restrictions in the article.

Apple ID Name Change

What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support     I suggest doing this before you change your Apple ID or password.

Apple ID -Two-factor authentication

Two Factor Authentification availability

Apple ID - Using app-specific passwords

Apple ID - Two Step Verification App Specific Passwords

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 4, 2019 4:20 PM in response to niya272

If you changed your password, that should secure your account. You can also add 2 Factor Authentication to your account for more security. If the attempts continue, you might want to consider a name change.

Link to contact Apple Support in the article.

Apple ID has been compromised

Apple ID Password Change

Note the restrictions in the article.

Apple ID Name Change

What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support     I suggest doing this before you change your Apple ID or password.

Apple ID -Two-factor authentication

Two Factor Authentification availability

Apple ID - Using app-specific passwords

Apple ID - Two Step Verification App Specific Passwords

Apple support fraud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.