Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is the "Apple has locked your account" email legit?

apple sent a txt message supposedly to go to a link they said that apple has locked my account and they need to verify my information from a noreply customer service saying my apple account was locked from suspension other devices trying to make purchases I did not go to link at all I’m getting in touch with you is this a fraud

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Feb 2, 2023 6:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 2, 2023 6:32 AM

That was phishing. You won't find out about a locked account until you try to log in.

Scams (e-mail, text messages, and phone calls) are getting very good at closely imitating true Apple communications. Always be cautious. Here are some guidelines:

Identifying legitimate emails from the App Store and iTunes Store - Identify legitimate emails from the App Store or iTunes Store - Apple Support

Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

Apple 'How to identify, avoid, and report phishing' video--> https://youtu.be/SR3Z3fXXjfw

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 2, 2023 6:32 AM in response to leola274

That was phishing. You won't find out about a locked account until you try to log in.

Scams (e-mail, text messages, and phone calls) are getting very good at closely imitating true Apple communications. Always be cautious. Here are some guidelines:

Identifying legitimate emails from the App Store and iTunes Store - Identify legitimate emails from the App Store or iTunes Store - Apple Support

Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

Apple 'How to identify, avoid, and report phishing' video--> https://youtu.be/SR3Z3fXXjfw

Is the "Apple has locked your account" email legit?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.