Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I keep receiving email from ‘Apple support’ that says my acct is locked

Why do I keep receiving email from ‘Apple support’ that says my acct is locked.

[Edited by Moderator]

Posted on Aug 26, 2020 10:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 26, 2020 10:20 AM

That is not from Apple. It is a phishing scam. If there was a problem you would be notified when attempting to log in, including when logging into this forum. Also see: Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

2 replies

Aug 26, 2020 10:22 AM in response to almira226

Its a scam. It is not from Apple at all. Apple will never send you emails regarding the status of your account. You'll find out the next time you try to sign in somewhere, including these forums, or you need to use it for something like a purchase in the iTunes store.

Further more, in most official Apple communications Apple will refer to you by the name set for your account, never as Dear customer, or Dear Client. The only exception to this, are the iTunes Store invoices for purchases.

They will also never threaten to lock your account for any reason.

This is a scam pure and simple, trying to get your account details.

See here: Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

I keep receiving email from ‘Apple support’ that says my acct is locked

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.