Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Favorites

I have an iPhone 8 P. When I try to add a contact to my “favorites“ the “add to favorites“ button just stays gray and does nothing when I tap it. I do everything else that is required, and have never run into this problem on my old iPhone 6S. Help!

Posted on Nov 4, 2019 4:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 8, 2019 7:13 PM

Hello NTW1,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities. It appears the 'Favorites' option is grayed out on your iPhone in Contacts. I'll do what I can to help.

These suggestions might work for you:

• Check the default account being used for contacts (Settings > Contacts > Default Account). Try changing the account to a different one to see if the option returns.
  • If it's happening with just one specific contact, try removing the contact and adding it again: Add and use contact information on iPhone
  • Restart your iPhone

Take care.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 8, 2019 7:13 PM in response to NTW1

Hello NTW1,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities. It appears the 'Favorites' option is grayed out on your iPhone in Contacts. I'll do what I can to help.

These suggestions might work for you:

• Check the default account being used for contacts (Settings > Contacts > Default Account). Try changing the account to a different one to see if the option returns.
  • If it's happening with just one specific contact, try removing the contact and adding it again: Add and use contact information on iPhone
  • Restart your iPhone

Take care.

Favorites

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.