Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I dropped my phone, should I be concerned about it ? Drop seems to be a meter high

I have an iPhone XR and I dropped it from what is estimated to be about a meter drop. In terms of accessories I have a glass protector and a casing ( prodigy is the brand I think )

should i I be concerned about its internals getting damaged ? For its external hardware nothing seems to be cracked. Sorry if I may sound paranoid, picked up this phone not a while ago. Thanks in advance for any responses

Posted on Nov 5, 2019 4:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 5, 2019 6:45 AM

It's the kind of thing where you could have dropped it 30 cm and it might have damaged something, or you could have dropped it from 2 meters and it survived. Unless there's some visible damage or malfunction there's no way to tell and probably even if you took it to Apple they couldn't tell any more than you can. The most delicate part is probably the glass back and front. Check those for damage and then decide if it makes a difference to you and consider replacement cost. I have seen people walking around with multiple cracks in their displays but it's a matter of what you can live with. If you see no other problems with phone function then you probably don't need to worry. If something starts misbehaving then take it to a Genius Bar for evaluation.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 5, 2019 6:45 AM in response to crackerssentbygod

It's the kind of thing where you could have dropped it 30 cm and it might have damaged something, or you could have dropped it from 2 meters and it survived. Unless there's some visible damage or malfunction there's no way to tell and probably even if you took it to Apple they couldn't tell any more than you can. The most delicate part is probably the glass back and front. Check those for damage and then decide if it makes a difference to you and consider replacement cost. I have seen people walking around with multiple cracks in their displays but it's a matter of what you can live with. If you see no other problems with phone function then you probably don't need to worry. If something starts misbehaving then take it to a Genius Bar for evaluation.

Nov 6, 2019 7:43 AM in response to Limnos

Hi thanks for the reassurance. I have another question that is not really related to the fall at all. A week before the drop, my phone had a weird bug where it would take a few extra seconds to get into the phone after entering the passcode. ( it’s usually around 2-3 seconds ) Why does happen ? Everything seems fine with the software except the passcode log in phase

I dropped my phone, should I be concerned about it ? Drop seems to be a meter high

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.