You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New to iMovie

I’m a brand new MacBook user trying to get started with iMovie. The first time I tried to use it on my new MacBook Pro I get the ‘not enough disc space’ message just trying to add a photo.

Any ideas?

Mac Pro

Posted on Nov 5, 2019 5:32 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 5, 2019 7:02 AM

Redownloading iMovie can sometimes cure the "not enough disc space" issue. when running the Catalina operating system. To do that drag your present iMovie app from the Applications folder to the trash, but do not empty the trash. Then go to the online app store, sign in with your Apple I.D, and go to the purchases list in your account. You should be able to download iMovie from there. If for some reason you can't get the download, then move your present iMovie out of the trash and back to the Applications folder.

-- Rich

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 5, 2019 7:02 AM in response to dncaffey

Redownloading iMovie can sometimes cure the "not enough disc space" issue. when running the Catalina operating system. To do that drag your present iMovie app from the Applications folder to the trash, but do not empty the trash. Then go to the online app store, sign in with your Apple I.D, and go to the purchases list in your account. You should be able to download iMovie from there. If for some reason you can't get the download, then move your present iMovie out of the trash and back to the Applications folder.

-- Rich

New to iMovie

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.