Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

using imovie on my 2013 macbook air

Trying to use I movie on my mackbook air ( see specs)

MacBook Air (13-inch, Mid 2013)

1.3 GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i5

4 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

EVERY TIME I TRY TO UPLOAD A CLIP I GET THE MESSAGE BELOW

""""There is not enough disk space available at the selected destination. Please choose another one or clear some space."""

WHAT CAN I DO, HOW CAN I FIX THIS

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Apr 14, 2021 10:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 14, 2021 10:27 AM

Free up some disk space. Click on Apple Logo/About this Mac/Storage and see how much free disk space that you have. You can start by going to iMovie/Preferences/Delete Render Files. It is a harmless procedure that will free up some space.

If you store your iMovie library on an external drive make sure that you have enough space on it to store your iMovie projects and media.

-- Rich

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 14, 2021 10:27 AM in response to diego.deleon

Free up some disk space. Click on Apple Logo/About this Mac/Storage and see how much free disk space that you have. You can start by going to iMovie/Preferences/Delete Render Files. It is a harmless procedure that will free up some space.

If you store your iMovie library on an external drive make sure that you have enough space on it to store your iMovie projects and media.

-- Rich

Apr 14, 2021 10:32 AM in response to Rich839

You can also try a reinstall of iMovie as that sometimes works to cure the insufficient disk space notification.

To update/redownload iMovie 10, drag your iMovie 10 app from the Applications folder into the trash, but do not empty the

trash. Sign in to the app store and open your purchases folder by clicking on your name at the bottom of the app store side bar. You will see your purchases displayed, including iMovie 10. Redownload/update iMovie from there. If not successful, drag your present iMovie app out of the trash and return it to the Applications folder.

After the redownload, see if you can add clips to iMovie without getting the insufficient disk space notification.

-- Rich

using imovie on my 2013 macbook air

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.