Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Whenever I go to sounds and haptics settings, my custom ringtone sounds for about a second

I have 30 seconds of a piece of music installed as my custom ringtone on my iPhone. When I need to go to Settings/Sounds and Haptics, the ringtone sounds briefly - it's very irritating! Any ideas why this might be and how I can stop it please?

iPhone XR

Posted on Nov 5, 2019 7:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 9, 2019 12:42 PM

Hi lizcan,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities! I see you have a question about your ringtone playing on your iPhone in the Settings app, and I'd like to help.

Have you restarted your iPhone since noticing this happening? A restart can resolve some unusual issues. Restart your iPhone

When you go to Settings > Sounds & Haptics, try not to touch the volume slider, as tapping or moving that will make your ringtone play for a few seconds.

Take care!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 9, 2019 12:42 PM in response to lizcan

Hi lizcan,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities! I see you have a question about your ringtone playing on your iPhone in the Settings app, and I'd like to help.

Have you restarted your iPhone since noticing this happening? A restart can resolve some unusual issues. Restart your iPhone

When you go to Settings > Sounds & Haptics, try not to touch the volume slider, as tapping or moving that will make your ringtone play for a few seconds.

Take care!

Whenever I go to sounds and haptics settings, my custom ringtone sounds for about a second

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.