Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Created new Photo library and imported photos, now where are the files stored?

I created a new Photos library to consolidate 1.5TB of photos and have them organized. Where are the files of the photos that I added to the Photos app? If I can find those, can I delete all of the 1.5TB of original the photos that I added? Based on my research they go to the pictures folder on my computer but they are not there.

C

Posted on Nov 5, 2019 11:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 5, 2019 9:27 PM

If you added the photos with the "copy into library" option set, the photos are now inside the "package" of the library (unless you enabled iCloud Photos with "optimize Mac Storage" and ran low on storage). The library is usually inside the Pictures folder, but it need not be.

Personally, I would keep the original photo files as a backup of last resort, but they could be on an offline volume.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 5, 2019 9:27 PM in response to coachhomer

If you added the photos with the "copy into library" option set, the photos are now inside the "package" of the library (unless you enabled iCloud Photos with "optimize Mac Storage" and ran low on storage). The library is usually inside the Pictures folder, but it need not be.

Personally, I would keep the original photo files as a backup of last resort, but they could be on an offline volume.

Created new Photo library and imported photos, now where are the files stored?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.