Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Deleted my Safari iCloud Passwords in Safari can i restore them if they are still on my iPad?

I accidentally deleted my Safari iCloud Passwords in Safari can i restore them if they are still on my iPad? If iCloud would see them on my iPad instead of remembering my old command to delete them from the MB.

In my keychain on my macbook i can´t find all the Safari Internet Passwords.

Any help is appreciated.

kind regards, Johannes

MacBook Air 13", macOS 10.14

Posted on Nov 5, 2019 2:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 10, 2019 11:41 AM

Thanks for getting back to us, John!

Since the keychain items are not syncing across your devices, I suggest checking out this article to Get help with iCloud Keychain. This article will give you steps you can take if you have iCloud Keychain on and are not seeing the passwords across your devices.

Keep us posted!

7 replies

Nov 10, 2019 7:32 AM in response to J.MBA

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities, J.MBA!

That's a great question you have about restoring your passwords from the iPad to use on the Mac. Based on what you're describing, I suggest following the steps in this article to Set up iCloud Keychain on the iPad that has the passwords on it. This will allow you to turn on iCloud keychain to sync the passwords to iCloud. Once they are on iCloud, you'll be able to use them across your devices using the same iCloud account information.

Let me know the results and have a wonderful day!

Nov 10, 2019 9:33 AM in response to AppleJen77

Thank you for the answer!! I just checked my iPad and the iCloud keychain is actually activated (I was afraid to connect the iPad with the WLan because i thought it will delete all the Safari passwords).

Does this mean that when i connect my iPad to the internet it will sync the passwords to my icloud and then to my safari on my macbook?

regards, John

Deleted my Safari iCloud Passwords in Safari can i restore them if they are still on my iPad?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.