Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Accidentally deleted my Safari iCloud passwords!

Hi,

I accidentally deleted my iCloud passwords in my Safari (12.1.1) browser because i clicked to fast (never happened before!). I have some passwords still stored in my keychain and wanted to ask if i can transfer those to my iCloud and if there is any way to restore all my old passwords? I know that some data is stored offline in the "library/Keychain.." folder but i do not know ho to access them and restore it to my iCloud. Using MacOSMojave.

Any help is really appreciated.

Kind regards,

John

MacBook Air 13", macOS 10.14

Posted on Nov 5, 2019 12:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 7, 2019 11:37 AM

J.MBA wrote:

I did a restore from my tm. I accessed the "keychains" folder and restored it but the old passwords from safari did not come back. I can't believe that the iCloud allows one to delete all pw just by accidentally clicking the one delete button in safari. Is there a way to restore the safari iCloud passwords?
any answer is appreciated.

Did you try restoring the Safari.app from before the deleting took place?

I am not sure if TM>Safari>Restore will allow you to move— but certainly worth a try.

If you are desperate to recover that keychain TM would certainly allow you to restore your entire system as a whole.

Similar questions

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 7, 2019 11:37 AM in response to J.MBA

J.MBA wrote:

I did a restore from my tm. I accessed the "keychains" folder and restored it but the old passwords from safari did not come back. I can't believe that the iCloud allows one to delete all pw just by accidentally clicking the one delete button in safari. Is there a way to restore the safari iCloud passwords?

Did you try restoring the Safari.app from before the deleting took place?

I am not sure if TM>Safari>Restore will allow you to move— but certainly worth a try.

If you are desperate to recover that keychain TM would certainly allow you to restore your entire system as a whole.

Nov 5, 2019 1:39 PM in response to leroydouglas

Okay, thanks for the info. There are some but apparently not all. All the safari generated Passwords seem to be missing. Is there anyway i can transfer them to my iCloud without doing it one by one (Copy/Paste)? There are still on my iPad though because i haven't connected to the Internet. Does it mean if i do that i cloud will sync my iPad Passwords to the Cloud or will it delete them all because of my old move on the Macbook?

Nov 7, 2019 11:13 AM in response to leroydouglas

Accidentally deleted my Safari iCloud passwords!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.