Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I get Password back?

I had all passwords saved in Safari Keychain for years on my desktop iMac, now using Big Sur. Couple days ago, my 2-year-old SSD hard drive failed, good grief. I replaced it and reinstalled Big Sur, but now Safari and iCloud show all my passwords gone! (However, note, I see them still on my iPhone's iCloud account.)

How do I get them back onto my iMac desktop? Making sure I don't lose what's showing on my iPhone.

Posted on Feb 24, 2021 3:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 24, 2021 5:58 PM

The iPhone and Mac should be signed in with same Apple ID and password on the same network , the box of keychain must be checked in iPhone , make sure iCloud Keychain is set up in Mac .

See the articles Share passwords using AirDrop with Safari on Mac - Apple Support

How to share your Wi-Fi password from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Autofill your username and password in Safari on Mac - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 24, 2021 5:58 PM in response to Aplkid

The iPhone and Mac should be signed in with same Apple ID and password on the same network , the box of keychain must be checked in iPhone , make sure iCloud Keychain is set up in Mac .

See the articles Share passwords using AirDrop with Safari on Mac - Apple Support

How to share your Wi-Fi password from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Autofill your username and password in Safari on Mac - Apple Support

How do I get Password back?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.