Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Location Services Locked in On Position

What are causes of the location services becoming inoperable?

Currently Grayed out and locked into the on position.

iPhone 6s, iOS 13

Posted on Nov 5, 2019 6:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 10, 2019 12:02 PM

Hi mmando,

It looks like you're unable to change your Location Services settings, and I want to help.

If you go to Settings > General, do you see an option for Profiles & Device Management?

If you have a managed device or a profile, it might be that this controls your Location Services.

Let me know if that helps.

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 10, 2019 12:02 PM in response to mmando

Hi mmando,

It looks like you're unable to change your Location Services settings, and I want to help.

If you go to Settings > General, do you see an option for Profiles & Device Management?

If you have a managed device or a profile, it might be that this controls your Location Services.

Let me know if that helps.

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities.

Nov 10, 2019 7:53 PM in response to i_rina

I did not have the option to select profile and device management. I read this as a potential workaround, within other posts, but that didn't apply to my phone.

I needed to reset all settings to get the option back to turn off location services.

I shouldn't have marked "Solved". I still would like to know what causes the iPhone to lock location services, in order to prevent this in the future.

Location Services Locked in On Position

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.