Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I change the title of all photos in an album to their filename?

All my photos are in folders in My Pictures and named in order. I have a new Mac and am now using Photos but I'm not getting them in the correct order as they do not have titles. How can I change the tiles of the photos to their file names for a whole album so that they are in the order that I want them. I have thousands of photos in loads of folders so doing it individually is not an option.

MacBook Air 13", macOS 10.15

Posted on Nov 6, 2019 6:38 AM

Similar questions

5 replies

Nov 7, 2019 10:10 AM in response to Michelle za

This is the Gate Keeper interfering. On Catalina, you can only run applications from the AppStore or from developers, who added a signed certificate to the application. The compiled Apple Script on OT's is not signed with a developer certificate. If you try to run an unsigned application, you have to tell Catalina, that you really want to run it.

If you want to run it, select the script in the Finder, then hold down the ctrl-key while you click it. In the menu, that will appear, select "Open". Now you will see another warning dialog, where you can risk to run the script and allow it to access the photos.

How do I change the title of all photos in an album to their filename?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.