Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 11 ringer volume issues

Guys I just noticed a few issues tonight - when I receive a phone call the ringer sounds fine for the first ring but then becomes instantly very quiet. I currently have the ringer volume set to medium, but after the first ring it is low and muffled. But when I check.the volume level it remains at medium. Sure hope I won't need to return the phone.

also at times when I receive a notification I get no audio notification. I’ve checked the settings and audio is definitely turned on.

sure hope I don’t need to return the phone!

iPhone 7, iOS 13

Posted on Nov 6, 2019 11:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 6, 2019 11:45 AM

It would appear you have activated some of the Attention Aware features of your phone. See below.

About Attention Aware features on your iPhone X or iPad Pro - Apple Support

4 replies

Nov 6, 2019 12:50 PM in response to stedman1

Thanks Stedman. You were spot on. I have no idea how I activated that setting. I really was dressing the return process.

hopefully this will also fix the other notifications not sounding. Although I doubt it as this seems to be another issue as I’m a few feet away from the phone when the messages arrive and they still don’t sound.

iPhone 11 ringer volume issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.