Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Excel and word program in macOS Catalina

I updated my Imac to new software version macOS Catalina Version 10.15.01

After updating my excel and word program stopped working.

It is advised to update the same to Microsoft office 365.

Price of MS Office 365 is high and I don't want to buy the same.

1. I have already accepted free trial period of one month. Pl inform how can I cancel subscription during free trials period of one month before it is charged in my credit card.
  2. Pl inform how I can use excel and word programs free with macOS Catalina as I was using till now.

Thanks

iMac 21.5", macOS 10.15

Posted on Nov 6, 2019 7:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 7, 2019 6:07 AM

1) Yes, I saw that. Read this page on how to manage your subscriptions.

2) How you would move back to Mojave or earlier depends on what you have as a backup. Start here.

3) Yes, they'll work. Just open the App Store, do a search for those apps and download them.

3 replies

Nov 7, 2019 1:35 AM in response to Kurt Lang

Thanks for your msg.

Price of MS Office 365 is high and I don't want to buy the same.

1. As informed I have already accepted free trial period of one month of MS Office 365. Pl inform how can I cancel subscription during free trials period of one month before it is charged in my credit card.
  2. Pl inform how can I load again old version of OS before Catalina so that my old MS office excel and word 32 bit program work.
  3. Pl inform whether pages and numbers program will work with OS Catalina.

Thanks

Nov 6, 2019 7:44 PM in response to tessifila

The only way to continue using your old version of Office, 2011 or older, is to erase the drive and restore the backup you made before installing Catalina.

Office 2011 and older are 32 bit software and cannot be used in Catalina. Nor can any other 32 bit software.

If you must use the MS Office suite, your only other choices are to purchase the one-time cost perpetual license Office 2019, or the subscription Office 365.

Excel and word program in macOS Catalina

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.