Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

com.apple.DiskManagement.disenter error 49153

When I try to connect the Apple SuperDrive or an external DVD drive and try to read a CD-ROM, I can see the drive in Disk Utility but the drive won't mount the disc. It gives the error, "Could not mount "name of disc". (com.apple.DiskManagement.disenter error 49153.)

I have content on this CD that I would like to preserve. It is a problem that the drives won't mount so I can access the disc in Finder.

MacBook Pro 15", macOS 10.15

Posted on Nov 6, 2019 8:16 PM

46 replies

Feb 21, 2020 4:11 PM in response to Flyin9Squirrel

I have the same problem with the error com.apple.DiskManagement.disenter error 49153

i ran first aid to an external drive that has been working flawlessly for the past 3 years just to see if There are any errors or if there are issues I need to fix. I regretted this right away as after running first aid (and the machine saying there’s nothing wrong with the external drive) that drive wouldn’t mount no matter what I do. Similar issues as others, greyed out, repair and other first aid options work but won’t mount on my desktop or laptop computers. Of course Apple techs says it’s the machine’s fault that it decided to clonk out at that very exact moment I ran first aid. This is an 8Tb drive and many years’ worth of work. The only reason I’m not freaking out is I have a cloud service (not apple’s!) provider that sent me a copy of that drive. Best investment in my life. But c’mon Apple, don’t undermine my intelligence by saying it is the fault of the drive.

Nov 7, 2019 9:54 AM in response to Flyin9Squirrel

I'm getting the same error (com.apple.DiskManagement.disenter error 49153) using a brand new Apple SuperDrive as well as on generic external DVD Drive (also new) when trying to mount old CD-R disks. These mount without problems on an old MacBook with an internal reader as well as on a recent MacBook Pro with these external drives. The only difference I can see is that the MacBook Pro is still running Mojave and the problem occurs on an iMac Retina 5K (late 2014) with Catalina (up-to-date). Note that this occurs only with old CD-Rs that I burned on a Mac (Mac OS Standard file system); I'm able to mount CD-Rs that are not Mac formatted with both drives.

Dec 16, 2019 6:29 PM in response to Flyin9Squirrel

With upgrading to macOS Catalina Version 10.15.2, my SuperDrive will now read Movie DVDs and play movies. It will also read Music CDs and allow them to be played and viewed in Apple Music. However, I still get the same error message when I try to mount a CD-ROM disc. This feels like a security issue with Catalina. We need Apple to fix this.

Feb 24, 2020 8:36 PM in response to Flyin9Squirrel

Where is Apple Support when we need them? So many people having this error message. I upgraded my OS to Catalina only last week and my Mac Superdrive which has always worked no longer appears in finder, and when I try to mount using disk utility I also get the error message: com.apple.DiskManagement.disenter error 49153.

Not good enough Apple! Where are you?

Jan 17, 2020 12:43 PM in response to Flyin9Squirrel

Having the same issue. I have MacPro (early 2013, trash can). Upgraded to Catalina and now my SuperDrive not recognized. Also have a new MacBook Pro running Catalina and won't work. Have and older MacBookPro (2013), running High Sierra and it works. So clearly this is an Apple OS issue AND NEEDS TO BE FIXED! Where is the Apple fix people? Called Apple to trouble shoot. Reseting RAM and other steps did not work. Had to send diagnostics and await an answer in three days! Agent admits there's an issue and sometimes it's correctable . . . but not with me. GEEZ! All my photo libraries from 15 plus years no longer accessible.

com.apple.DiskManagement.disenter error 49153

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.