Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I received an email that says my account has been closed for security reasons because someone has accessed my account. It says I cant access my account before completing my verification in 12 hours through the email been sent to me. Is it true Apple?

I received an email that says my account has been closed for security reasons because someone has accessed my account. It says I cant access my account before completing my verification in 12 hours through the email been sent to me. Is it true this is Apple? Because I have a feeling its fake or a hacker thing.

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 11

Posted on Nov 7, 2019 1:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 7, 2019 1:39 AM

This is a scam. DO NOT respond to it or follow the link, it's a phishing attempt. Apple will never send you a message like this (and messages from Apple will address you by name). If Apple do have to lock your account for security reasons they won't tell you, they will wait for you to find out and contact them.

In addition this is evidently a mass emailing - the 'To' address can't be yours as only Apple staff have @apple.com addresses.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 7, 2019 1:39 AM in response to Deee98

This is a scam. DO NOT respond to it or follow the link, it's a phishing attempt. Apple will never send you a message like this (and messages from Apple will address you by name). If Apple do have to lock your account for security reasons they won't tell you, they will wait for you to find out and contact them.

In addition this is evidently a mass emailing - the 'To' address can't be yours as only Apple staff have @apple.com addresses.

I received an email that says my account has been closed for security reasons because someone has accessed my account. It says I cant access my account before completing my verification in 12 hours through the email been sent to me. Is it true Apple?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.