You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

iOS 18 is now available

Customize your iPhone in more ways than ever, stay connected with friends and family, and relive your favorite moments. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

what does a pink contact icon mean

The contact circle that has your contact persons initials is pink. WHy is this icon now pink, it was never pink before?

iPhone XR

Posted on Nov 7, 2019 11:58 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 12, 2019 7:07 AM

Hi faheemah256,

Thank you for using the Apple Support Communities! I understand the color of the circle for your contact has changed to pink, and I'd like to help address this for you.

You can change the color of that circle in which your contact's initials appear, by following the same steps you would use to add a photo to your contact card. Open the Contacts app > tap the contact > tap Edit > tap Edit again, below the circle with your contact's initials. You will see options to change this circle to grey or pink: Edit contacts on iPhone - Apple Support.

Thank you for your post!

Take care.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 12, 2019 7:07 AM in response to faheemah256

Hi faheemah256,

Thank you for using the Apple Support Communities! I understand the color of the circle for your contact has changed to pink, and I'd like to help address this for you.

You can change the color of that circle in which your contact's initials appear, by following the same steps you would use to add a photo to your contact card. Open the Contacts app > tap the contact > tap Edit > tap Edit again, below the circle with your contact's initials. You will see options to change this circle to grey or pink: Edit contacts on iPhone - Apple Support.

Thank you for your post!

Take care.

what does a pink contact icon mean

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.