Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Phone rings but there is no way to answer the call

the phone rings but the pop up that says accept or reject does not appear and the caller does not appear in recents - how do I fix this? This is my wife's iPhone 8 plus 256 gb

iPhone 7, iOS 13

Posted on Nov 7, 2019 1:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 12, 2019 9:07 AM

Hello notlimey,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

I understand that your wife's phone will ring, but there is no pop-up offering the option to accept or reject the call and the call doesn't appear in the recent call list. First think I would have to ask is are you certain this is an incoming call and not another notification that has the same sound effect? If you are certain it is a call, is she able to make an outgoing call without issues? How about sending or receiving a FaceTime call? Do you have a call filtering or screening app on the phone that may be blocking incoming calls?

The first thing I would recommend is making sure the software on the iPhone is up to date and also update the carrier settings. See the following support articles:

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Update your carrier settings on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

If you continue to have issues get back with us with as much additional information as you have, as well as other troubleshooting you have tried.

Best regards.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 12, 2019 9:07 AM in response to notlimey

Hello notlimey,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

I understand that your wife's phone will ring, but there is no pop-up offering the option to accept or reject the call and the call doesn't appear in the recent call list. First think I would have to ask is are you certain this is an incoming call and not another notification that has the same sound effect? If you are certain it is a call, is she able to make an outgoing call without issues? How about sending or receiving a FaceTime call? Do you have a call filtering or screening app on the phone that may be blocking incoming calls?

The first thing I would recommend is making sure the software on the iPhone is up to date and also update the carrier settings. See the following support articles:

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Update your carrier settings on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

If you continue to have issues get back with us with as much additional information as you have, as well as other troubleshooting you have tried.

Best regards.

Phone rings but there is no way to answer the call

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.