Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Opening tiff-images on iPad Pro

I don’t use .tiff or .tif much today, but I have hundreds of drawings saved in that format, but it seems like that they can’t be opened on an iPad Pro. Is that correct? If so, it isn’t very Pro, I’d say.

Is there any app I can use to open them with, or even convert them to any format which can be opened in iPadOS?

iPad Pro, iOS 12

Posted on Nov 7, 2019 6:18 PM

4 replies

Nov 7, 2019 10:00 PM in response to QuickPost

The mystery is solved. I viewed them on my iMac and could open one of them in Preview after I had changed the name. The reason why they didn't open was because they no longer showed the file extension and how I had added the date it was made, created confusion, since it read like 9.10.99 and thus .99 had become the file extension. So I need to change the names of all of them, which may be a lot of work, since it didn't work to change them in a batch for some reason. Perhaps I can create a workflow in Automator...

Opening tiff-images on iPad Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.