Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Air Weather Application

I wanted to actually use the Weather Application that's powered by Yahoo... does anyone know why the app isn't working? I've tried putting in my city, my zip code, my state, and none of them pop up with results, **** its not even showing the weather for the city its set to which is on the opposite side of the country for me.

MacBook Air 13", macOS 10.14

Posted on Nov 8, 2019 9:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 9, 2019 7:28 AM

The Dashboard weather application is heavily coded in JavaScript that depended on Yahoo! not changing their internal Website content, or requiring application vendors to obtain a developer code to continue accessing the weather site. One or both of these conditions occurred in Spring 2019, and the Dashboard weather widget has been broken every since. As Apple does not control the Yahoo! weather site, there is no fixes forthcoming for the Dash board widget.

Visit System Preferences : Extensions : Today, and enable weather there. It has nothing to do with Dashboard, but when you click on the Notifications toolbar icon, its Today panel now has a competent weather tool displayed in a familiar format.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 9, 2019 7:28 AM in response to BeardedTarot

The Dashboard weather application is heavily coded in JavaScript that depended on Yahoo! not changing their internal Website content, or requiring application vendors to obtain a developer code to continue accessing the weather site. One or both of these conditions occurred in Spring 2019, and the Dashboard weather widget has been broken every since. As Apple does not control the Yahoo! weather site, there is no fixes forthcoming for the Dash board widget.

Visit System Preferences : Extensions : Today, and enable weather there. It has nothing to do with Dashboard, but when you click on the Notifications toolbar icon, its Today panel now has a competent weather tool displayed in a familiar format.

Macbook Air Weather Application

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.