Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Weather app not present

Have brand new Mac Mini M1 running Ventura 13.0.1 and have followed the navigation (Apple > System Settings > Privacy and Security > Location Services) to get to the page to enable Weather - but Weather isn't there on the Location Services page to allow me to enable it.

Mac mini, macOS 13.1

Posted on Dec 31, 2022 11:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 1, 2023 2:47 AM

Sorry the computer is experiencing this issue.

Running the same M1 Mac Mini with Ventura 13.1 and not Ventura 13.0.1.

The Weather Application is appearing in theSystem Setting >> Privacy & Security >> Location Services

Perhaps the user needs to Launch the Weather Application which may offer an On Screen Alert asking permission to use Location Services

Depending on the user interaction with this " Alert " the weather Application will now appear in Location Services

If all else fails ➡️

1 - Restart in Safe Mode. This will perform a Disk Repair, clear cache files and only load Apple Software, extensions and fonts. The boot up will be slow and can take some time - Normal.

2 - Safe Mode will also eliminate Third Party Software, extensions and drivers from loading 

3 - Does the issue present in this mode ?

4 - Sometimes a Safe Boot followed by a Normal Boot will just put things right.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 1, 2023 2:47 AM in response to KrakaTaoJones

Sorry the computer is experiencing this issue.

Running the same M1 Mac Mini with Ventura 13.1 and not Ventura 13.0.1.

The Weather Application is appearing in theSystem Setting >> Privacy & Security >> Location Services

Perhaps the user needs to Launch the Weather Application which may offer an On Screen Alert asking permission to use Location Services

Depending on the user interaction with this " Alert " the weather Application will now appear in Location Services

If all else fails ➡️

1 - Restart in Safe Mode. This will perform a Disk Repair, clear cache files and only load Apple Software, extensions and fonts. The boot up will be slow and can take some time - Normal.

2 - Safe Mode will also eliminate Third Party Software, extensions and drivers from loading 

3 - Does the issue present in this mode ?

4 - Sometimes a Safe Boot followed by a Normal Boot will just put things right.

Jan 1, 2023 9:52 AM in response to PRP_53

Yes, I tried to add to my earlier post last night that I had gotten the Weather app by opening Finder > Applications > Weather. And as you suggested, it asked for Location permission and that solved the issue for me. I had wanted to add the screen shot showing Weather wasn't present on Location Services, but couldn't see how to do that. At any rate, thank you for your reply.

Oh, and you're correct, it's actually Ventura 13.1, not 13.0.1.

Weather app not present

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.