Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Weather - change from Cupertino - How to change Mac Location?

How do you get rid of Cupertino?

How do you change the location on your Mac?

I was trying this on Monterry OS, and could not figure it out given the guidance of other questions/ community feedback.

Weather does not exist as an app anymore. You cannot change your location of weather information in settings -- just the privacy and settings checkboxes -- other posts indicated success via: Settings>Security&Privacy>Privacy>Unlock Location Services>System Services Details(at bottom list)>checkboxes.

I found that by right clicking (two finger clicking) the weather widget (upon two finger slide to left, if enabled), one is selected with a dropdown. I selected Edit "Weather" and selected my Location as the option.

I struggled with this and the time spent finding the answer, so if this helped you, please mark as best answer so others can find this as well.

Change Mac location

Change Mac Weather

Posted on Jan 20, 2023 10:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 20, 2023 1:19 PM

flaccidGladdis wrote:

I was trying this on Monterry OS, and could not figure it out given the guidance of other questions/ community feedback.

Weather does not exist as an app anymore. You cannot change your location of weather information in settings -- just the privacy and settings checkboxes -- other posts indicated success via: Settings>Security&Privacy>Privacy>Unlock Location Services>System Services Details(at bottom list)>checkboxes.

I found that by right clicking (two finger clicking) the weather widget (upon two finger slide to left, if enabled), one is selected with a dropdown. I selected Edit "Weather" and selected my Location as the option.

I struggled with this and the time spent finding the answer, so if this helped you, please mark as best answer so others can find this as well.

https://discussions.apple.com/content/attachment/028328c6-a22f-4922-b89c-9365fd8b2cfc
Change Mac location
Change Mac Weather

when you enter into the <Edit widgets>

If you click directly on your widget it rolls it over to make changes...

if you select the My location...you can then enter your current location manually...

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 20, 2023 1:19 PM in response to flaccidGladdis

flaccidGladdis wrote:

https://discussions.apple.com/content/attachment/028328c6-a22f-4922-b89c-9365fd8b2cfc
Change Mac location
Change Mac Weather

when you enter into the <Edit widgets>

If you click directly on your widget it rolls it over to make changes...

if you select the My location...you can then enter your current location manually...

Apple Weather - change from Cupertino - How to change Mac Location?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.