Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Itunes

I cannot purchase any music on iTunes. I tap a song and it asks me to join Apple Music. There is no way to purchase music. When I say not now it goes back to the list of songs. The only options I can look for music are Apple Music and my library?

iPhone XS Max

Posted on Nov 8, 2019 2:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 12, 2019 7:47 PM

Hi there, Bertie!

Thanks for posting in the Apple Support Communities. I understand that you're trying to purchase music from the iTunes Store on your iPhone, but every time you try you get prompted to sign up for Apple Music. I'm happy to help!

It sounds like you're browsing music in the Music app. While this is where you would listen to music you've purchased from the iTunes Store (as well as songs you sync from your computer and Apple Music if you subscribe), it is not where you make the actual purchases. That is done in the iTunes Store app. In iOS 13, this app is a white start on a purple background.

Cheers!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 12, 2019 7:47 PM in response to bertie49

Hi there, Bertie!

Thanks for posting in the Apple Support Communities. I understand that you're trying to purchase music from the iTunes Store on your iPhone, but every time you try you get prompted to sign up for Apple Music. I'm happy to help!

It sounds like you're browsing music in the Music app. While this is where you would listen to music you've purchased from the iTunes Store (as well as songs you sync from your computer and Apple Music if you subscribe), it is not where you make the actual purchases. That is done in the iTunes Store app. In iOS 13, this app is a white start on a purple background.

Cheers!

Itunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.