Apple Intelligence is now available on iPhone, iPad, and Mac!

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Portrait mode turns black for iPhone 8 Plus

When I swipe to use Portrait mode, the screen turns black and says that I need more light or a flash, even in broad daylight. What is wrong and how can I fix it?

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 13

Posted on Nov 8, 2019 9:53 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 13, 2019 7:20 AM

Hi there, JUL1AGUL1A.

I see that you're having a problem with the Camera on your iPhone. When you use Portrait mode, the screen goes black and shows a message that you need more lighting, even though you're in full daylight. I'm glad to help.

If the camera on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch isn't working -- This article provides the information and steps that you need when the camera on your iPhone isn't taking photos like it should.

Take care.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 13, 2019 7:20 AM in response to JUL1AGUL1A

Hi there, JUL1AGUL1A.

I see that you're having a problem with the Camera on your iPhone. When you use Portrait mode, the screen goes black and shows a message that you need more lighting, even though you're in full daylight. I'm glad to help.

If the camera on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch isn't working -- This article provides the information and steps that you need when the camera on your iPhone isn't taking photos like it should.

Take care.

Portrait mode turns black for iPhone 8 Plus

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.