Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Browse window is dark gray and can't update credit card info

Lately my Browse window has been dark gray, with nothing else appearing in it, and when I search for song titles or musicians there, nothing appears.

So I viewed my Itunes > Account and remembered that my credit card had expired recently. So in Itunes > Account > Edit Payment Methods or something like that, I updated the credit card expiry date and security code.

But after I pressed the "Done" button, a cryptic mistake message appeared, saying "There's been a problem. Try again later."

Tom

iMac 27", macOS 10.13

Posted on Nov 9, 2019 7:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 15, 2019 7:58 PM

Hey Tom-Evans,

Thanks for the update. Since Browse, For You, and Radio all give you a dark grey window and you received an error to Try again later, this may be a connection issue. There are a couple things you can try that may be able to help. I would recommend you use this article to help troubleshoot the issue.

If you can't connect to the App Store, iTunes Store, or Apple Books

Have a good one.

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 15, 2019 7:58 PM in response to Tom-Evans

Hey Tom-Evans,

Thanks for the update. Since Browse, For You, and Radio all give you a dark grey window and you received an error to Try again later, this may be a connection issue. There are a couple things you can try that may be able to help. I would recommend you use this article to help troubleshoot the issue.

If you can't connect to the App Store, iTunes Store, or Apple Books

Have a good one.

Nov 13, 2019 9:20 AM in response to Tom-Evans

Hello Tom-Evans,

After reviewing your post, it sounds like you are trying to change the payment information, but you received an error that there was a problem.

"If you tried these steps and you still can’t remove your last payment method, or if you’re unable to remove a payment method, contact Apple Support."

If you can't remove your last payment method or use no payment method with your Apple ID

Please don't hesitate to let us know if the steps resolved your issue or if you need additional assistance.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. Have a nice day.

Nov 14, 2019 7:37 PM in response to i_rina

Thanks, I.

I figured out how to update my credit card expiry date, but I still have the Browse window problem.

The Browse window is still dark gray, and I can no longer search there for titles of songs and musicians.

When I click in the Browse > Search rectangle, "All Apple Music", the popup window called "Suggestions" still appears, but clicking any of those suggestions causes the pop-up window to disappear, so I'm again left only with the blank, dark gray Browse window.

The "For You" and 'Radio" headings gives the same results.

I'm still able to access the Library and access my library songs and my radio stations from there, and I'm still able to access the Store section and see the graphics there and play songs from there.

Tom

Browse window is dark gray and can't update credit card info

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.