I can’t update payment details no matter what I do

I cannot update my payment details and because of this it won’t allow me to download any apps. This is absolutely ridiculous. It keeps saying that the expiration date cannot be in the past, the expiration date I entered is not in the past. I’ve logged in and out of my Apple ID, deleted the payment method and tried again, I’ve logged in to my Apple ID account on safari and tried to do it there and it’s still not working. There are apps that I NEED to download that don’t even require a payment, this is the most frustrating thing ever. Nothing I’m doing is working, my debit card is completely valid, I use it all the time, everything I entered is correct. Seriously does anyone know how to fix this crap???????

iPhone 12

Posted on Apr 29, 2023 8:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 29, 2023 8:35 PM

It sounds to me like you may be entering the date incorrectly. I don't have any payment methods entered to I can't check what it needs but make sure you have the fields correct and the correct number of digits entered. Not all countries use the same day/month convention and order

If you still have questions or problems:

Refer to this document for ways to contact Apple --> Choose your country or region - Official Apple Support

Select your country (also look for "other" regions), then a product. If you don't see one that handles your issue then keep experimenting with selections until you reach one that gets you a chat session or a telephone call and get the representative to redirect you.

or:

Contact Apple for support and service by telephone --> Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 29, 2023 8:35 PM in response to Jjjjjjaaaaaagf

It sounds to me like you may be entering the date incorrectly. I don't have any payment methods entered to I can't check what it needs but make sure you have the fields correct and the correct number of digits entered. Not all countries use the same day/month convention and order

If you still have questions or problems:

Refer to this document for ways to contact Apple --> Choose your country or region - Official Apple Support

Select your country (also look for "other" regions), then a product. If you don't see one that handles your issue then keep experimenting with selections until you reach one that gets you a chat session or a telephone call and get the representative to redirect you.

or:

Contact Apple for support and service by telephone --> Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

I can’t update payment details no matter what I do

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.