Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What if the Email I used to first purchase iTunes no longer exists? But it’s where most of my music is.

What if the original email I used to sign into iTunes is no longer active? I had over 1000 purchased songs up until I signed into this iPhone with my secondary email. Now I have only a little over 100 songs!

iPhone 7

Posted on Nov 9, 2019 9:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 9, 2019 9:53 AM

The Apple ID can still exist even if the email address is no longer in use. See if you can do a name change to that ID to make it active. If successful, try to set up Family Sharing between the 2 IDs. The other option is to purchase everything using your current ID.

Note the restrictions in the article.

Apple ID Name Change

What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support     I suggest doing this before you change your Apple ID or password.

Family Sharing

Family Sharing - Set up

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 9, 2019 9:53 AM in response to Boozerboomer88

The Apple ID can still exist even if the email address is no longer in use. See if you can do a name change to that ID to make it active. If successful, try to set up Family Sharing between the 2 IDs. The other option is to purchase everything using your current ID.

Note the restrictions in the article.

Apple ID Name Change

What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support     I suggest doing this before you change your Apple ID or password.

Family Sharing

Family Sharing - Set up

What if the Email I used to first purchase iTunes no longer exists? But it’s where most of my music is.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.