Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to install Java SE 6 on macOS Mojave?

Hello,

I'm trying to install the Java Runtime Enviroment 6 on macOS Mojave, because one of my programs requires it. Unfortunately this official link: https://support.apple.com/kb/DL1572?locale=cs_CZ does not work. The installation will launch however when selecting a disk to install Java "Macintosh HD" can not be selected, because "It already contains a newer version of the package."

Any help will be much appreciated,

Josef Solin

MacBook Air

Posted on Nov 9, 2019 10:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 13, 2019 8:57 AM

I'm really sorry I just realised something, I upgraded the OS to Catalina. I forgot I've done that when I was writing that question. So maybe it's just a Catalina bug, since it's still a new release. But I need to ask a new question, since this error makes my it significatly different.

Sincerely,

Josef Solin

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 13, 2019 8:57 AM in response to fyip

I'm really sorry I just realised something, I upgraded the OS to Catalina. I forgot I've done that when I was writing that question. So maybe it's just a Catalina bug, since it's still a new release. But I need to ask a new question, since this error makes my it significatly different.

Sincerely,

Josef Solin

Nov 12, 2019 5:06 PM in response to kvokocka

Sorry it did not work for you it worked for me when I had Android Studio a couple of years ago.

I am almost sure there is still Java files on your Mac, try searching manually, tedious and long but you might find something, be careful there are some apple/java files you should not delete, just come back here and ask.

Always keep deleted files in the trash for some time until all is well.

I really do not know what else you can try I will see what else I can find.

How to install Java SE 6 on macOS Mojave?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.