Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"Verification Required" when my only payment method is Apple ID balance

I can't purchase anything on iTunes or Apple Books (and probably also the App Store) because they keep redirecting me to verify my billing info when I'm just trying to use my Apple ID balance (which has more than enough to cover the purchase) and I have no other payment methods tied to my Apple ID to even verify. If I let it take me to my payment methods page, I just see my Apple ID balance on the list with no options relating to verification. The only thing I can do is either add funds, redeem a gift card, or just go back and have my purchase not go through. I just reach a dead end.

I'm on a Family Sharing group that previously had Purchase Sharing enabled, which I thought was the problem since my family's shared payment method wasn't verified on my Apple ID, but even after turning Purchase Sharing off, the problem is persisting. This problem doesn't seem to be device-specific, since it happens on both my phone and my iMac.

Posted on Nov 9, 2019 8:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 9, 2019 8:40 PM

The issue appears to be resolved after signing out of my Apple ID on my devices and signing back in. I guess my account just got confused.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 9, 2019 8:40 PM in response to Community User

The issue appears to be resolved after signing out of my Apple ID on my devices and signing back in. I guess my account just got confused.

"Verification Required" when my only payment method is Apple ID balance

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.