Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone 11 Pro battery maximum capacity shows 99% , with less than 2 months of use . Is this normal ?

My iPhone 11 Pro battery maximum capacity shows 99% with less than 2 months of use . Is this normal ?

i would say my phone use is quite normal , not excessive .

Will apple replace the battery for free if this peak performance drops below 80% it’s within 1 year ?

iPhone 11 Pro, iOS 13

Posted on Nov 10, 2019 7:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 12, 2019 4:24 PM

If you think 1% is an issue, feel free to schedule an appointment at your Apple Store Genius Bar for evaluation. But don't be surprised when they tell you there is nothing wrong with your iPhone because there is NOTHING wrong with your iPhone.

44 replies

Nov 12, 2019 8:27 PM in response to Baovuq

Baovuq wrote:
I have the same issue. I bought the 11pro within 1 month and my maximum capacity is 99%. This seems like not normal to me

The nominal rated performance is for an 80% battery health after 500 complete discharge-charge cycles. You're also dealing with differences in new battery capacity (there's a certain tolerance) and rounding errors.

What comes to mind in your case was when Cadillac had a fuel gauge that only displayed in whole gallons. There were a lot of complaints when it would display full at maybe 21 gallons, but because of the "granularity" it would drop quickly to 20 gallons, even though it was only a fraction of that being used before dropping to the next level. Their solution for the next model year was to modify the programming such that it started at 20 gallons and then didn't drop until it was at 19 gallons.

Dec 23, 2019 4:59 PM in response to mohammadreza80

Yes, completely normal. Until Apple introduced Battery Health in response to the forced slowdown for certain iPhones when 64 bit software iOS versions were released to protect older iPhone’s from having issues, people were completely uninformed on the state of their battery. With use, batteries capacity to carry a charge will diminish, which is normal and expected. But, you’re now able to see the state of the battery. Your battery health as your iPhone gets charged over and over and over will diminish, which cannot be avoided.

Jan 30, 2020 4:55 AM in response to nazanyn

Unless you and your sister use your phones the exact same way, and have charged the battery the exact same number of cycles, there's no point in comparing your phone to your sisters phone. You and others keep saying it's a "problem." It is not a problem unless your battery health dips to 80% in the first 12 months, which is highly unlikely. At this point, Apple will do nothing for you as there is really no issue with your phone. Stop checking battery health. The only reason to check it is if your phone is having an issue. It is a moving target and NOT exact.

My iPhone 11 Pro battery maximum capacity shows 99% , with less than 2 months of use . Is this normal ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.