Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

XR won't send pics/vids to non iPhones

Recently bought an XR and it won't send pics or vids to Androids

I've done all of this

It won't work on desktop messages either

Currently running the latest iOS build

Any one have this issue

[Link Edited by Moderator]

Posted on Nov 10, 2019 4:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 10, 2019 4:36 PM

Giving you the benefit of doubt that your post is not just spam to drive traffic to that website (I haven't clicked the link out of that concern) here is what you need to do.

1. First and foremost, call your carrier's tech support and verify that you have MMS enabled on your account. Until that is done skip everything else.
  2. AFTER your carrier verifies that you have MMS on your account, go to Settings/Message and turn on MMS.
  3. If your problem is sending a MMS message to someone who previously had an iPhone they need to disable iMessage on their account. They can do that with this link-->Deregister and Turn Off iMessage - Apple Support

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 10, 2019 4:36 PM in response to Tyler Routson

Giving you the benefit of doubt that your post is not just spam to drive traffic to that website (I haven't clicked the link out of that concern) here is what you need to do.

1. First and foremost, call your carrier's tech support and verify that you have MMS enabled on your account. Until that is done skip everything else.
  2. AFTER your carrier verifies that you have MMS on your account, go to Settings/Message and turn on MMS.
  3. If your problem is sending a MMS message to someone who previously had an iPhone they need to disable iMessage on their account. They can do that with this link-->Deregister and Turn Off iMessage - Apple Support

XR won't send pics/vids to non iPhones

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.