Message Send Failure

I am trying to attach pictures and files to a text message all night to different people (android & IOS) and they all are coming back Message Send Failure. Why?

iPhone 13

Posted on Aug 17, 2023 10:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 18, 2023 6:29 AM

In order to send a picture to someone who has an Android phone, you need to have Settings>Messages>MMS and Settings>Messages>Group Messaging enabled. You also need to have those features enabled on your account and you need to have cellular data enabled. If you continue to have problems sending pictures to people with Android phones, I would recommend you contact your carrier and have them reset MMS and Group Messaging. You can sometimes do it yourself through your carrier's web portal or app. Turn the features of and back on again.

I would recommend, if you're having problems, you not try to send pictures to multiple people at once, especially if some people have iMessage and some people don't. It will just make the problem harder to troubleshoot.

Also, depending on your carrier, you may not be able to send files other than pictures to people using SMS. For example, my carrier, Verizon, doesn't support sending PDF files using MMS messaging.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 18, 2023 6:29 AM in response to Protectthekids

In order to send a picture to someone who has an Android phone, you need to have Settings>Messages>MMS and Settings>Messages>Group Messaging enabled. You also need to have those features enabled on your account and you need to have cellular data enabled. If you continue to have problems sending pictures to people with Android phones, I would recommend you contact your carrier and have them reset MMS and Group Messaging. You can sometimes do it yourself through your carrier's web portal or app. Turn the features of and back on again.

I would recommend, if you're having problems, you not try to send pictures to multiple people at once, especially if some people have iMessage and some people don't. It will just make the problem harder to troubleshoot.

Also, depending on your carrier, you may not be able to send files other than pictures to people using SMS. For example, my carrier, Verizon, doesn't support sending PDF files using MMS messaging.

Message Send Failure

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.