Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Dark mode doesn’t work in Maps

Hello,

I am using Dark Mode on my iPhone SE. Everything is ok but when I start Maps it uses dark mode but when I start navigation to some city for example it switch to light mode. I want use dark mode while I am using navigation.

How can I set it?

Thank you.

iPhone SE

Posted on Nov 11, 2019 3:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 28, 2019 12:15 PM

I also had this problem, tried everything including forcing my phone to dark mode and setting the CarPlay display in Dark Mode, but maps would always display in Light Mode as soon as I started navigating (even at night).

I have however found a solution - I set my phone to schedule Dark Mode automatically from sunset to sunrise, and lo and behold my CarPlay maps now come up in Dark Mode at sunset when my phone changes its 'base setting'. This allows me to have my lights on during the day with light maps (my Audi A3 doesn't automatically change the display to Dark Mode as the Pioneer head unit is aftermarket) and when the maps do change to Dark Mode at sunset, the inside of the car is dark enough for night mode to be effective.

Hope this workaround works for others as well.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 28, 2019 12:15 PM in response to Vychys

I also had this problem, tried everything including forcing my phone to dark mode and setting the CarPlay display in Dark Mode, but maps would always display in Light Mode as soon as I started navigating (even at night).

I have however found a solution - I set my phone to schedule Dark Mode automatically from sunset to sunrise, and lo and behold my CarPlay maps now come up in Dark Mode at sunset when my phone changes its 'base setting'. This allows me to have my lights on during the day with light maps (my Audi A3 doesn't automatically change the display to Dark Mode as the Pioneer head unit is aftermarket) and when the maps do change to Dark Mode at sunset, the inside of the car is dark enough for night mode to be effective.

Hope this workaround works for others as well.

Dark mode doesn’t work in Maps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.