Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Free Apple TV trial, I can't get it to offer me the free year, just a week trial

I got an email saying my new apple watch came with a year of free apple tv, but I can't get it to offer me the free year, just a week trial. Is there something special I should be doing or was the email in error?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Nov 11, 2019 7:17 AM

6 replies

Nov 11, 2019 10:00 AM in response to cdfys

They can often make them look very authentic, and Apple doesn't typically send such emails. Even if they had started to here, as a reminder to claim the offer, the watch doesn't qualify so that would seem very suspect. Anyway, if you do happen to purchase a qualifying product (iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, Mac) then I will list the steps below for claiming the offer.

1. Turn on your new Apple device and sign in with your Apple ID.
  2. Open the Apple TV app. Make sure your device is running the latest version of iOS, iPadOS, tvOS or macOS.
  3. The offer should be presented immediately after launching the app. If not, go to the Apple TV+ channel page where you’ll see the offer.
  4. Tap Enjoy 1 Year Free.

Free Apple TV trial, I can't get it to offer me the free year, just a week trial

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.