Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Music changes music on a different echo dot

Hi. I have found an issue with Apple Music on multiple Amazon Echo Dots causing problems. Seems like a bug to me. I reported it to Amazon initially but their support state it is an Apple streaming problem, not Amazon dot problem.

I have 8 echo dots, one for every room in the house. They used to all be connected to my Amazon Account. And I have set them up to play music from my Apple Music subscription which is a family subscription. The problem is often when one device is asked to play music, it changes the music that is playing on another device. Most/all of the time the device changes is the one my wife uses in her spa business (although sometimes I asked to play music in my bedroom and it played in one of my kids rooms). My wife could be giving someone a nice manicure or facial to relaxing spa music when my kids ask to play Marshmellow it kicks on on my wifes device! Her customers have often jumped. Luckily its not happened with dermaplaning (which uses a scalpel on the face). They are not within hearing distance so it has not picked up his voice.

Now I initially thought it was due to them all using my same Amazon account. So, I disconnected my wifes Amazon dot from my amazon account, and connected it to her Amazon Account. So the echo dot should not be connected to my others. I connected it to my same Apple Music account but the problem still exists.

So as I have family sharing I connected my wifes echo dot to Apple Music using her apple ID, which is added to my iCloud family. BUT the problem still exists!!

Its driving us nuts here. There are 5 of us in the house, with 8 echo dots, and we cant play music on any of them when my wife is using hers as it will change her music!

Anyone know why this is and how to overcome it? I think it must be a bug with Apple.

Posted on Nov 11, 2019 10:41 AM

There are no replies.

Apple Music changes music on a different echo dot

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.