Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What do i do if my phone is stuck in update requested?

ive been trying to update my phone but cannot because its stuck in update requested.

iPhone 8 Plus

Posted on Nov 12, 2019 10:00 AM

2 replies

Nov 12, 2019 10:39 AM in response to lauradeets6117

Hi!

What Kind of iPhone are you using?

In this case if the device is stuck in the update it could be possible you lost the connection to the server. To solve this issue the best think to do in order to avoid losing datas is to proceed with a "Force Updated" using iTunes on a Mac or a Windows computer (If you are using Mac OS Catalina you will perform this procedure using the Finder):

1 - Connect your iPhone with the official cable to a Mac or a Windows computer that is plugged in to a power source;

2 - Use the combination of keys as described here to put your device in Recovery Mode:

• iPad models with Face ID: Press and quickly release the Volume Up button. Press and quickly release the Volume Down button. Then press and hold the Power button until the device restarts.
  • iPhone 8 or later: Press and quickly release the Volume Up button. Press and quickly release the Volume Down button. Then press and hold the Side button until you see the Apple logo.
  • iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, and iPod touch (7th generation): Press and hold both the Top (or Side) button and the Volume Down buttons until you see the Apple logo.
  • iPad with Home button, iPhone 6s or earlier, and iPod touch (6th generation) or earlier: Press and hold both the Home and the Top (or Side) buttons until you see the Apple logo.

3 - When you get the option to restore or update, choose Update. Your computer will try to reinstall iOS or iPadOS without erasing your data.

If the Computer will not manage to Update your device you may need to consider to Erase and reinstall again the software.

You can find these info here:

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won't turn on or is frozen

https://support.apple.com/en-ie/HT201412

What do i do if my phone is stuck in update requested?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.