Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I’m trying to update my iOS but it seems to be stuck on update requested? How can I move forward with an update?

I can not get my phone to update the iOS it’s stuck saying updated requested

iPhone XR, iOS 12

Posted on Mar 14, 2021 4:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 14, 2021 5:34 PM

Try turning off WiFi on the phone and then force restart the device. After the phone fully reboots, turn on WiFi again and see if that starts the download process.

This is how you force restart the iPhone Xr. Press and quickly release the Volume Up button. Press and quickly release the Volume Down button. Then press and hold the Side button until you see the Apple logo. When the Apple logo appears on the screen, let go of the buttons and let the phone start up.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 14, 2021 5:34 PM in response to AbbyAnn72

Try turning off WiFi on the phone and then force restart the device. After the phone fully reboots, turn on WiFi again and see if that starts the download process.

This is how you force restart the iPhone Xr. Press and quickly release the Volume Up button. Press and quickly release the Volume Down button. Then press and hold the Side button until you see the Apple logo. When the Apple logo appears on the screen, let go of the buttons and let the phone start up.

I’m trying to update my iOS but it seems to be stuck on update requested? How can I move forward with an update?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.