Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

typing problem: by typing space, it deletes my previous word / words / contents.

It only happens on a few platforms (most heavily: google chrome, especially in the search bar and in the cells in google sheets - where I work most of the time).

When I type a word (as normal) then follow it with a space to continue typing the next words, right after I type space the previous word (before the space) got deleted. When I retype it, it was fine. As this always and only happens upon first-time input. (ie. I chose a new cell in google sheets then type and this error happens, but I retype in that same cell it was fine - the same is with google search bar).

It happens every single time, which results in me having to spend twice as much time (to retype everything). And it's only occurs: upon first input and with the first word / first space.

But it's annoying. I've checked every preferences / threads to find the same problem but there apparently is none. Pls send help I'm dying of small but repetitive discomfort.

I use macbook pro 17. this happens on both version (catalina and the previous that i suddenly forgot its name)

Thank you all.

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.15

Posted on Nov 12, 2019 10:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 12, 2019 11:26 AM

h.a.c wrote:

I use macbook pro 17. this happens on both version (catalina and the previous that i suddenly forgot its name)

You do not say what exact Mac /model /year /size /retina /touchbar is this

or

what exact macOS you are currently running?

See if you qualify: https://support.apple.com/keyboard-service-program-for-mac-notebooks

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 12, 2019 11:26 AM in response to h.a.c

h.a.c wrote:

You do not say what exact Mac /model /year /size /retina /touchbar is this

or

what exact macOS you are currently running?

See if you qualify: https://support.apple.com/keyboard-service-program-for-mac-notebooks

typing problem: by typing space, it deletes my previous word / words / contents.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.